2.17.2012

Fun Fact Friday #7

.
When was the first time you were hurt?

Now I realize this question can be interperutted different ways. I am going to describe the first time I was physically hurt...that I remember anyway.

I don't know my exact age, I was under 5 though. We (Mom, Dad, sister Jessie and I) were living in the Double A apartment. To you that means nothing. When I was little we lived in an apartment complex called Kings Village. The apartments were addressed with letters and numbers. The first apartment was AA something...I don't remember the number. The second apartment was V270. See...so we always refer to the first one as the Double A apartment.

Anyway, I was in the back yard on my white and purple big wheel by myself. I have no idea where my mom or Jessie were, I imagine in the apartment. I was just riding along the sidewalk by myself. To my left were the rows of apartments and to my right was the woods. There was a step down in the middle of the side walk. The back yard was on a slight incline so there were steps randomly. I don't know if I conciously decided to or it was by accident by I rode my big wheel down the step. As you can imagine when the front wheel went down and the back wheels were still on the step, my little face smashed into the center of the handle bars. I could taste blood and see a little bit of it on my handle bars. I started crying. I looked to my left and saw a neighbor who I didn't know sitting in her living room looking outside at me. I know she knew I was hurt because she had her sliding glass door open and must have heard me crying and was looking RIGHT at me. I remember thinking that any moment she would get up and come running out to see if I was ok. Instead she turned back to the television. In my little mind I thought "What a bitch!" Well not those words I'm sure, but I definitely remember thinking that it was so mean that she wasn't going to come out to see if I was ok!!!

I don't know if my mom came out to get me or I just went inside. The next part of my memory is that I had one of the little ice packs that my dad used in his lunch box wrapped in a washcloth held on my lip.

When my dad got home, I was laying on the couch and he sat next to me and said that he heard I got hurt today and to let him see my lip. I stuck it out and he said that I would be ok, I would just have even bigger lips for a few days. (I don't know if you've ever noticed from my pictures but I have kind of big lips, my dad does too.) He laughed and I must have looked mad because he said was "just joking kiddo" and kissed me on the head.

It's a little choppy but that's the first time I remember getting hurt.

What about you?!

Jamie

Fun Fact Friday Disclaimer:
I found
The Imagination Prompt Generator and loved the idea of writing posts based on its random prompts. Every Friday I will share a lil' something about myself based on these prompts. I see it as a means of sharing a bit more about myself with you! It will be a random topic or question and my responses will be pretty free form and random as well. I'll of course edit for spelling and punctuation but I want to just let it flow for the most part. I hope you enjoy and maybe even join in!

No comments: