2.29.2012

Happy Leap Year!



Happy Leap Year (do people say that?!)

Either way, I thought it would be kind of cool to reflect on where I'd like my life to be by time the next Leap Year comes around.

1. I hope I'm much more content with my life. Right now I feel so restless all the time. I flip back and forth between wanting a "career" and being totally fine with having just some job. This way the rest of my outside life will be what satisfies me, crafts, friends, family, extracurriculars, etc. I can't really decide what direction to go in. It drives me crazy some nights!

2. I hope I'm more stable as far as money is concerned. Right now I live paycheck to paycheck and can only pay any extra bills I have (doctors mostly) little by little. If I want something big, like finishing this tattoo, a new pair of jeans, a concert ticket, etc. I have to plan ahead and save for a while before I can get it. Part of me is happy about that, I know I appreciate things a lot. I have to really work for it, I can't just run out and buy a new pair of boots on a whim. However, it sucks when things happen that you don't plan. If I get a flat tire, need to go to the doctor, etc. That's not good, I need to have money in savings for when things go wrong.

3. I hope to be married and have a kid. Wow! That's kind of huge and sometimes it scares the shit out of me to think about. I still feel like I'm 16 inside. Really though, I think about how much I want a family with Jeremy. I think of all the fun crafts I can do with the kids to surprise him when he gets home. I think about what kind of dinners I would make for us. I think about a house I hope we one day have and how we would decorate it. I think about how I need to learn to clean better, etc. You know...all that super domestic girl stuff. I totally imagine things as if I'm Lucy and he's Ricky. I stay home with the baby and he goes to work. When he comes home it's all clean and dinner is ready but there's some crazy antics I've gotten into! LOL! Ridiculous I realize but still...I guess I'm just at that point in my life where I think about that stuff.

4. I really want to be able to write my own crochet patterns one day. It seems so complicated to me. I've figured out how to alter patterns to make something I want but I can't create something from scratch. It's definitely on my to do list!

Also, apparently today a woman can propose to a man. Obviously that can literally happen on any day now. I guess there's an old tradition thought that the only time a woman could propose to a man would be on Feb. 29th. I found this out because Sunday Jeremy and I were at his mother's house having a birthday dinner for him. She informed me that I can propose to him since it's leap year. (She likes to ask when we're going to get married and have a baby...OFTEN). So...that was nice and awkward!

Anyway, have an awesome extra day friends!!

Jamie

No comments: