Fun Fact Friday #5
Make a list of five ways you've changed in the last five years. What changes do you wish to make in the next five years?
First let me set the scene, five years ago was February of 2007, I was 23. I was living with my sister in the West End Apartment and I was going out with Mike (for the second time).
Five ways that I have changed...
1. I no longer get fall down drunk EVERY weekend. I would drive from PA an hour back to Jersey every Friday night and stay at Mike's house. There were two main bars that we frequented and that's pretty much exactly what we did every Friday and Saturday night. Occasionally going to a different bar or a friends house...still drinking too much. Then I would drive home Sunday, work all week and repeat. I don't regeret it or anything, it's just all we did!
2. I am FAAAAARRR more responsible than I used to be. I pay my bills on time, I actually have a budget so I know what I have to pay or save for, I call my parents on a regular basis, I grocery shop on Mondays, I do laundry Tuesday or Wednesday (half priced double loaders!). You know, just more grown up shit!
3. I cook. I never used to cook and no one ever expected me to either. When I was younger my mom always cooked, then my step mom always cooked, then my boyfriend's always cooked...I just never had to and got away with it. Once Jessie and I got a place together...she wasn't too keen on cooking for me all the time. So unless I wanted to live on scrambled eggs and pasta, I had to learn to cook. (funny story...I set the stove on fire making box mashed potatoes...hilarious!) Now I love to cook and I am dreaming of a bigger kitchen when Jeremy and I move in a few months so I can cook EVEN more!
4. I am thankful for what I have, my family and my friends. I don't think I ever took anybody or anything for granted. I just never really thought about how lucky I am. I have the most amazingly supported family and group of friends. I mean of course some of 'em are screwy and there's drama but..that's what makes life interesting, right? I'm more aware of each person as an individual and the relationships I have and I appreciate each one. I have a roof over my head, a car, a job and my health. Pretty much everything's awesome!
5. I am restless. I used to be totally fine just having a crappy office job, making money and literally just working for the weekend. Now not so much. I want to have a job I love...or at least even like! I want to wake up excited to go to work and not trying to think of a valid reason for calling out the instant I wake up. This mostly comes from Jeremy. He loves his job and he loves what he does everyday. He is the only human being I have ever heard utter the words "I can't wait for work tomorrow." I mean, WHO SAYS THAT?! I don't think I want to be the kind of person who LIVES for their job but I would really love to love what I do. I'm trying to work on that.
Changes for the next five years...
1. I would like to be satisified with my daily job. Whether I work for myself, someone else or no one at all (being a mama...although I guess that means working for the kids right?). I would like to enjoy the majority of my day!
2. I would like to be a mom. Do any of you ladies have a timeline for yourself? Like you always just had in your head since you can remember a specific age that you want to have kids by, be married by, etc.? Please tell me I'm not the only one! I've always had it in my head that I have to have my first kid by time I'm 30. I don't really know where that number came from but I suspect it is because my mother turned 30 the month before she had me. Anyway...that's one of 'em and I'm gonna be 30 in two years so...queue Marissa Tomei stomping out her biological clock on the cabin porch LOL (my cousin vinny anyone?!)
3. I would like to be selling my crafts. Have a nice little business, nothing massive and over the top. Just something to keep me busy and help pay some bills. An online business as well as selling at some of the local handmade shops too. IT WILL HAPPEN.
4. I would like to be in a cute little home all our own! Jeremy and I are getting an apartment together by the end of March. My hope is that we can save some money now that we will be living together and we could eventually get a house. I kind of already know exactly what I want it to look like! Of course it'll never be exact but it's fun to think about every once in a while.
5. I hope that this lil' bloggity blog is still alive and kickin'!!
Thanks for poppin' by, I hope you have a great Friday!
Labels: fun fact friday