10.14.2011

Granny Square Afghan...FINALLY!

Remember the two swaps I did for Granny Squares? There was one through Craftster that I did a while ago and then the Blogger Blanket Project that I did not as long ago. I've had a huge pile of squares sitting on my craft table for a while and last week I decided it was time I sew some of them together! I used all of the squares from my 6 Blogger Blanket Project partners and I was able to use one set of squares from a Craftster partner because her squares were a bit smaller than the 7" the others were so they fit better with the 6" BBP Squares instead.
I decided I was going to keep each partners set of squares together, I like the way it looked better than having them all willy nilly. This blanket is 6 squares by 7 and it is the perfect lapghan size. I want to bring it to work (why are offices always kept at subzero temperatures?!?) It's now on the end of my bed waiting for me to make a decision...which I need your help with!

I sewed the squares together with white yarn and I am having a hard time deciding whether I should add some kind of border to kind of pull it all together? I was thinking just a white border with the same style stiches as a granny square, 3 double crochets in each space around. What do you guys think about that? Do you put borders on your afghans if they aren't all uniform squares? Do you think that would look okay with all these different squares? I mean worst comes to worst I can just try it and if I don't like it I can get rid of the border but...I'm so indecisive sometimes!!

Anyway, here are some pics to give you a better idea of what it all looks like together. I really love every square and how they all look together. I'm so glad I participated in these swaps!





Thanks for stopping by and I'd love any of your input!!

Signature

8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh My Gosh! I love it!!!!!

Jamie said...

Isn't it so beautiful?! I love how colorful it is!!

Courtney said...

GORGEOUS! I love it so much-its just so colorful and EXACLY what I thought it would be like...I can't wait to have one of my very own. It looks awesome Jamie! So jealous...

Consider my dear said...

It looks amazing! I really need to get on mine!!! I see my squares!

Consider my dear said...

I love the stitching too!

Jamie said...

I'm so glad everyone likes it as much as I do, my favorite part is that it's made by so many awesome ladies from all different states and even Canada!!

Pot Luck Designs said...

Oh I love it...I was wondering how I was going to put my squares together but I love how you have put everyone's squares together in one row!!! Awesome!!!
Debbie :)

Jamie said...

When I initially started this project I thought I would sew the squares together at random but as I received more and more of them, I liked the idea of keeping each set together. I'm glad you all like it just as much as I do!