2.21.2011

Evil by Request

My friend, Kara at work requested that I make her an "evil animal". It's not often that I get to make gorey, evil things. Pretty much only for myself and Jeremy. It was nice to be able to make something totally creepy for someone new!
I racked my brain for a while trying to figure out what to make. I had saved this pattern of a severed finger that I found ages ago on Ravelry. So I thought, "Ooo a little animal eating a finger!" I searched some more on Ravelry and came across this Robbie the Rabbit pattern. I am not a gamer in the slightest so I have no idea what Silent Hill is or what this rabbit has to do with a video game...however, he was exactly what I was looking for! This pattern is an extension pack to the Creepy Cute Crochet book. I ran right to the library and picked it up. I decided to alter the bunny pattern a bit. Obviously he's a different color, I also added feet, a tail and made his face not so happy but more angry looking.
I also ended up changing the entire finger pattern because it turned out WAY too big for this lil' bunny.
I am sooo in love with the face made from clay! It was a lot easier to work with than I had anticipated and it just looks so great! I definitely think in the future that I will be making faces more with polymer clay.
So without further adieu...here is Bubba Bunny.












Bubba lives in the mountains of Pennsyvania. (queue that creepy banjo music)
As you can see, his favorite treat is not a carrot. He prefers to gnaw on the fingers and toes of hikers who get stranded and sometimes "disappear" from the Appalachian trail.
I decided on this story while watching "Into the Wild" last night. Muahahaa!
I had a ridiculous amount of fun making Bubba. There were just so many elements used to put him together besides just crocheting. Clay, felt, paint...so awesome!

Signature

9 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE him! He is WAY too adorable! ...you know, in that super creepy way...lol!
I was wondering what the blood was, but I see that at the end of the post you said paint.
He turned out amazing!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute, you're very talented!

Jamie said...

Oh yes, the finger is mostly a greyish color yarn. I used red yarn at the end and also added some paint to the finger and on his face.

Jamie said...

aww thank you felicity!

Mandy said...

LOL - this is awesome!! It looks so real! Great job (I also love the little bunny bio)! :D

Lauren said...

Haha I love it! P.S. I am in love with your owl header!

Jamie said...

aww thanks! it's a premade layout from leelou blogs, there's a link at the very bottom of my blog...they have a ton of awesome ones!!

Nicole Coffin. said...

that bunny is pretty cute. i love your new blog design too. i have to admit, it's been a long time since i've stopped by. :( i follow so many blogs, so sometimes it's hard to keep up. thanks for your comments. your blog could keep me occupied for a while, this is great.....

Jamie said...

I know how you feel Nicole, so many blogs, so little time LOL! I'm glad you stopped back though!