An Award for Lil' Ol' Me?!
Last week the lovely Charity from over in A Lovely Little World passed the Versatile Blogger Award on to me. I was soo happy and felt so special that someone I've never met could like my blog so much =)
I mostly just started this blog to document all the different crafts along with other randomness of my life and never really expected anyone except my friends or family to read it. Now I have followers that I've never met from all over the country, it's pretty awesome!
Compared to other peoples Reading Lists, I apparently don't follow that many blogs, sheesh!
A few of the others I was going to pass this award on too already have gotten it =/ so I've had a hard time coming up with 7...so lame I realize!
To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.
So here are 7 things about myself that you may or may not know...
1. I am in a book club with my very best friend Liz and 3 of my closest friends, Shannon, Kristin and Jess. We've had a few other members here and there but us 5 are the core members and this coming February will be our 5 year anniversary so we are going to Vegas to celebrate!!!
2. I have a pet snake named Seraphim. I've had her for almost 11 years now. She is a Snow Cornsnake and I bought her my junior year of high school after standing in line for Tool tickets which sold out when I was second in line. I was so upset and had that money burning a hole in my pocket so I went and bought her.
3. My love for "I Love Lucy" started after my parents divorced. My Dad remarried and it was very weird for my sister and I to move into another house and go visit another family (we would stay at my step mothers sisters house on the weekends to take care of their sick mother). We would lay awake most nights watching Nick at Nite and I Love Lucy became a huge comfort for the two of us.
4. My love for all things scary and horror definitely started as a kid with "Are You Affraid of the Dark?" and R.L. Stein's Goosebumps. Saturday nights at my Dad's house, Jessie and I would watch Snick (and then Nick at Nite obviously) and I've read sooo many of the Goosebumps. I would always get yelled at for reading into the wee hours of the night and then being too tired for school in the morning!
5. I was in a really shitty car accident 2 1/2 years ago that definitely changed the way I think about life now. I broke my pelvis in 3 places, broke my ankle, "degloved" my heel and messed up my eye. I was in ICU for 2 days, the regular hospital for 6 days and then rehab for 8 days. I had an external fixator attached to my hips for 6 weeks and couldn't walk for over 4 months. I still have a screw in my ankle and lots of nasty scars all over my hips. I learned a lot about how much friends and family can help get you through the worst situations and to never take them for granted. I learned that we aren't gauranteed tomorrow and we need to live each day to the fullest and appreciate every god damn breath you take! I am thankful every day that I am alive, I can walk and nothing can hold me back!
6. I have a ton of freckles that my Nana told me were kisses from the Sun. I miss her so much.
7. I live in a teeny tiny studio apartment but I absolutely love it. It's two rooms - Dining Room/Kitchen which is really my Craft Room/Kitchen and then the Living Room/Bedroom and the bathroom and a closet in the middle. I have a fire escape that I treat like a deck and besides my noisy neighborhood, I love it!
Now let's get to the blogs I would like to pass this award on to...
1. Diary of a Hooker
2. Saltwater Acorns
3. Faster Kittykill! Blog! Blog!
5. I Only Like Monsters
6. You Will, Won't You
7. The Dainty Squid
I'm really glad I started this blog, I've met so many other awesome and crafty ladies and it keeps me motivated to keep making things and craft a little every day!