9.23.2010

i heart fall Prompt 6

Journal Prompt: The tastes of fall. What tastes do you think of when you dream about the upcoming season? Are their certain things that you wait all year for? I know I do!!

Of course after making this list I though of a bunch more things I should have added.
-Apple Streusel
-Stuffed Peppers
-And I wish I had elaborated more on Thanksgiving Dinner.

Thanksgiving is a pretty important holiday with my Dad. My step mom, Lonnie had a lung transplant 8 years ago this Thanksgiving. It was only a few months after I had moved in with them and it was a really scary, amazing time.
The holiday now REALLY makes us all appreciate the things we have. And even though Lonnie had such a serious surgery, she still makes the most delicious Thanksgiving Dinner!! Lots of turkey but I don't really eat too much. There's mountains of mashed potatoes, green beans with almonds, turnips, cranberry sauce (yum!), broccoli with cheese, corn, salad, almost always burnt rolls and the one thing Jessie and I brought to our new family when my Dad and Lonnie first got married is Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows melted on top. Lonnie had never heard of this but she has always made it for us and it is definitely my favorite!! And of course there's always pumpkin pie, applie pie and other assorted desserts.
Ever since Lonnie's transplant we also started a new tradition of going around the table and everyone saying what they're thankful for. There's always tears and big smiles and it honestly does remind all of us to be thankful for what we have and that we are all part of such a loving family. I love holidays at my Dad's house, it's always mayhem because there's so many of us (Soon to be one more!! My step sister Karyn is having a little girl!!) to begin with and we always have the boyfriends/girlfriends/family friends, etc. The house is so full of noise and love though, I'm getting all choked up thinking about it now.

Here's my page. I kind of don't like it at all...it looked way better in my head.
Meh.

No comments: