7.14.2010

Prompt 3

Journal Prompt Number Three: It's always nice to share with someone why you love them. Today, I want you to draw a picture, doodle, sketch, of a person who you love, or admire. Then, write that person a letter telling them why they mean so much to you!
If you are intimidated at the idea of drawing a portrait of someone, draw objects that represent that person or draw their name in a creative way.

So I drew a sketch of my dad and some doodles of the two main things I think of when I think of him...playing the drums and fishing. I also wrote him a letter telling him a few of the reasons that I love him, only a few though as the page is so small. I even got a little misty eyed with random memories running through my head (that would be the giant heart part I mention). I was actually really nervous to draw the sketch, sketching people is so overwhelming but I love how it came out like a cartoon. It actually reminds me of this cartoon "Mission Hill" that I used to watch on Adult Swim when I was laid up.
Oh and I tried a different color other than black...green!

No comments: