1.18.2011

Keep Calm and Bake On

My friend Shannon's birthday isn't actually until the 24th but we needed an excuse to have a party and meet some of our other friends' new significant others. Saturday was "The Event". We hung out, drank, played games, the normal shenannigans and had an over all awesome time. I keep seeing this "Keep Calm and Carry On" mantra all over the place, which I don't totally understand. I guess because I'm a spazz. Anyway, I decided to do a little play on words and how perfect is it that I have a ton of this cupcake fabric laying around?!




I really hate what my camera's flash does to thread and how it can wash out fabric. I also hate how just the dim, crappy light in my apartment can make the fabric and thread a little darker looking that it is when the flash isn't on. I really need to make an effort to take pictures during the day using natural light!
On a happier note, I totally freehanded the lettering. I didn't put anything on the fabric first and then trace...I just went with the flow and am so happy with the results!

Signature

8 comments:

Amy said...

I love it!!! It's so cute, and I have a soft spot for anything cupcake related. :)
I got a little pendant for my birthday from my mom that says "Keep Calm and Crochet On." :)

Jamie said...

Aww that's cute!

Missy said...

OMG! I love it! Thats totally something I would love in my kitchen since I bake ALL the time.

Peace, love and cupcakes

Missy
http://throughanindielens.blogspot.com/

Jamie said...

Thanks Missy! I definitely made this with the idea that it would hang in her kitchen, it would be so perfect!

Allison Kaye said...

Haha that's adorable!
-Allison Kaye
http://www.craftedlove.com

Unknown said...

That is just too cute!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I saw some fabric like that in my local shop but I didn't buy it because I didn't know what I'd ever use it for... but this is a fab idea!

Jamie said...

Thanks! I also used the cupcake fabric for a valance and the yellow for curtains on my fire escape door, which happens to be in my kitchen. The cupcakes seemed cute for the kitchen and the bright colors make the fire escape door less scary at night. The door goes out onto my roof and the fire escape stairs lead down to the dark back alley behind my house, very creeeeepy at night!!