1.01.2011

2011 Craft Goals

I've never made a New Year's Resolution. I know myself too well and that I would never stick to something for a whole year. I'm lucky if I stick to something for a week!

I have however, decided that there are a few specific things that I have wanted to make myself for a while but just haven't gotten around to.

1. I would love my own crocheted granny square afghan.







I have no idea about the color scheme or if I even want one or if it will be random colors but I do know I would like it to just be a classic granny square (there are a million fancy granny square motiffs out there). I don't want a giant one for the bed, I would like one to go over the back of the couch and use while lounging around.

2. A crocheted cardigan.







I love cardigans, I wear them almost everyday. I see them as my "grown up hoodie". I pretty much lived in hoodies as a teenager and in my early twenties (holy shit, I feel old saying "early twenties") I love t-shirts and tank tops but when it's cold out I need something to wear over them. So cardigans are a new staple item in my wardrobe. I would really love to make my own. I think this will be a little more difficult since I've never crocheted an article of clothing and the whole "blocking" thing is kind of intimidating. But I really would like to have at least one that I've made myself.

3. I would like my own "Hoop Love" wall.







I am going to try to join one or more of the Craftster swaps so that I can incorporate embroidery hoops from fellow crafters. I also really want to use some of the patterns in the folk art cross stitch book I got at the VNA Sale.

I'm sure I'll be making a bunch of other things for myself throughout the year but those are the 3 major things that I have been thinking about and would really like to try to complete.

Wish me luck! (isn't it so rude when someone tells you to wish them luck?! I mean what if you don't want to?!)

Signature

4 comments:

Amy said...

I've been thinking about some of these things too!
Craftster has a granny-along on their crochet board! It's usually a month long, and you crochet a granny square a day, and it runs almost every month! I would imagine if you joined that you could get them done really quickly. I LOVE granny square afghans! I've been thinking about doing that too. Perhaps I'll include that in my resolution!
And I'm officially addicted to cardigans now as well! I bought about 3 while I was in Florida. lol! I also got a book for Christmas that has a really awesome hoodie in it, and there's a few really nice cardigans as well! It's called Chicks with Sticks. :)
I hope you have a wonderful new year!

Jamie said...

I was thinking of doing the crochet-a-long for the granny squares, I work best when I have motivation to finish something. So seeing other people's progress and showing mine definitely would help me.
I have to look for this Chicks with Sticks!!

Citizen K said...

These are some lovely goals -I'm especially in love with the Hoop Love wall. That's something i've been wanting to do forever, as well! Thanks for the inspirational pictures.

Jamie said...

You're welcome Citizen K! If you ever go on craftster.org they have a lot of organized swaps so that you can make some and get some hoops from others. It is quite possibly the most addictive craft website EVER, lots of inspiration!