The lovely Louana over on Eleventh Monkey did this Handwriting Game and I thought it would be fun to do too!
All you have to do is take out a pen and paper, answer the following questions and post it to your blog. Here are the questions:
1. What’s your name / blogger name? Jamie Winifred Toohey - I used to be embarassed by middle name but now I love it. I'm named after my great Aunt Winnie. My first name is after my Uncle Jimmy (James). My last name used to be Towey until my family came from Ireland to Ellis Island and it was changed. When I was younger I used to write my name as Jme 2e a lot!
2. What’s your blogs URL? you already know this =)
3. Write, “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”.
4. Favorite quote? "The sleep of reason produces monsters". This is a quote by the artist Francisco Goya but it's actually "El sueño de la razón produce monstruos". This is part of a series of etchings called Los Caprichos. I've loved this quote for quite a while and it can be interpreted many ways. To me it means if you don't use your head or occupy your brain, bad things will happen. This is entirely true for me. I used to be such a hopeless romantic and not that there is anything wrong with that but I would follow my heart even when my brain was telling me I was being stupid. I ended up getting hurt and allowing a lot of shit to happen to me that I should have known to get out of. Also, I know that if I don't occupy myself as far as crafting, reading or just trying to better myself in any way I end up depressed and closed off.
5. Your favorite song? 'Change' by Blind Melon. This song kind of goes along with some of the things in the above quote. My favorite line is "When life is hard, you have to change." This is so incredibly true, if things aren't going the way you want or you are miserable you need to do something to change your life. I try to live by this as much as possible.
6. Your favorite band / singers? Tool, Guns n Roses, Pantera, Maiden, SVR (stevie ray vaughn) and seriously...this list could get out of control. Music is such an integral part of my life that I have soo many favorites, especially depending on the mood I'm in. I've been going through a bit of blues phase right now and thank goodness for Pandora!!
7. Anything else you want to say? Seriously, do you see how my handwriting from the title to this sentence went straight down the crapper?! I have terrible handwriting normally. It's a combination of print and cursive and I have a tendancy to leave out letters. I think faster than I write so the entire time I am rushing! I was just told by a coworker a week or so ago that I have the handwriting of a 12 year old boy!
8. Tag 3 bloggers to participate. I am tagging three awesome ladies!
Courtney - you will...won't you?
Amy - The Mad Crafter
Erin - My Beautiful Disaster
Play a long if you want, leave a link here so I can see your handwriting too. Some girls have such nice curly, cursivey handwriting that I love!