5.26.2011

Another Book Review: Bossypants


This month's Book Club book was Bossypants by Tina Fey. I don't think I ever watched SNL when she was on it and I've never watched 30 Rock. Not on purpose or anything, I just never have. I did see 'Date Night' though with Steve Carell and thought it was pretty funny. Of course I also saw a lot of her Sarah Palin impressions when that was going on.

This book was flat out HILARIOUS. I laid in bed the last two nights reading this book and was laughing hysterically. Yes, I read this book in two nights. She just has a really great sense of humor, bitchy, straight forward, self-deprecating, raunchy, and all my favorite kinds of humor! I was never one of those "drama kids" in school. I was in two plays but that was just something to do after school. My friends and I weren't those kids whose whole life is acting and they want to be on Broadway or go to Hollywood and what not. It seems like Tina was definitely that kind of kid. It was cool to see how she took things she learned from acting camp and improv to help her in other aspects of life.

I've never identified myself as a Feminist. I mean I'm pretty sure I have quite a few qualities and beliefs that my fellow woman has but I never labeled myself. I've never been big on labels, it's too much pressure. I really enjoyed reading her take on motherhood, being a working mom and what it is like being a woman in a man's world especially career wise. It was really awesome actually.

I highly recommend this book. It was a light, funny read but also pretty inspiring. I am now a huge Tina Fey fan!

Happy Thursday my darlings!

Signature

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I've been wanting to read this since it came out and haven't had the chance! I will have to read it now. I love Tina Fey. :]

* said...

this book is on my summer reading list and i can't wait to dive in! thanks for the mini review, now i want to read it even more.

Jamie said...

Yay I'm so glad you ladies will read this! It really is so funny!

OKinUK said...

I'm looking forward to reading this one! Glad you liked it!