5.03.2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

I don't remember where I got this recipe but I know it was around the Superbowl that I found it. It sounded so yummy and looked so easy to make. I made it on Sunday for book club and everybody liked it. This recipe made a ton so it would be good for a bigger party or even cut it in half for less people.

Ingredients:
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened. I always just use whipped cream cheese.
1 cup Mayo
1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chilies, drained.
1 (4 oz) can of chopped jalapeno peppers, drained.
1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese.
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese.

1 cup Panko bread crumbs.
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

So gather everything up! (sorry this is blurry)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray the dish you will baking in with some non stick stuff, I use Pam.

Combine the cream cheese and mayo. You may need to use an electric mixer to make it smooth. This is exactly why I use the whipped cream cheese, so it just mixes with a spoon by hand!
Stir in the green chilies, jalapeno peppers and Mexican & Mozzarella cheeses.
Spoon this mixture into your prepared baking dish.


In another bowl, combine the break crumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Also, spray the top of everything with a quick spray of your non stick spray.


Bake for 25-30 minutes or until everything is nice and hot and the topping is lightly browned.
Serve with whatever you like. I used tortilla chips but I'm sure french bread, veggies, crackers, etc. would be delish too!

Enjoy!

Signature

8 comments:

Amy said...

Uh, this sounds AWESOME!!! I'm totally going to try this out for our next BBQ!

aki! said...

Cheese and peppers, does this combination ever go wrong? Only if you do too much pepper, I think.

seven-percentsolution.blogpspot.com

Danelle said...

I LOVE THIS DIP! I made it in place of my boring Christmas Cheeseball a few years ago and now my family expect it every year. :)

Ed said...

OH MAN I need to try this!!!! I'm addicted to cheese!!

Sarah said...

Mmm, cheesy goodness! That looks delicious!

Is it very spicy?

Jamie said...

This was so easy and got such positive feedback from the girls, I'm sure I'll be making it often!
It's not TOO spicy, if you get a piece of pepper it's hotter than if you didn't but it wasn't too overwhelming and I don't like super spicy. If you're not sure, you can always cut back on the peppers just in case!

* said...

super yummy...i am so trying this one...thanks for sharing.

Jamie said...

i hope you all do try this, it was such a hit and so freakin easy!!