5.24.2011

Side Note...

I got a massive amount of tattooing done yesterday (well massive to me anyway)! It is a rib piece and we are half way done. I feel slightly awkward posting this pictute because you can see a lot of my body but it is the best one without a lot of side boob action! It's still really red here, I mean this is like 3 minutes after we stopped!


So far I have a tree, a huge great horned owl on a branch who's eyes I am in love with (the photo does not do it justice), the moon and some bats. It's badass! There is really no other way of explaing it =D You can't really see the moon in this picture, it's sort of on my back and with how red I am it didn't photograph too well.
I have other tattoos but they are all small. I have a celtic knot on my upper back, a fleur de lis on my wrist and a shamrock on my ankle. I was entirely prepared for this to be pure torture and it pretty much was. There was one point that I thought I was going to fall asleep though! Jesse (my tattoo artist) was in the zone, metal was on the radio and I was just so relaxed!
I sat for 2 1/2 hours and both Jesse and another guy in the shop were impressed with how I "sat like a champ" LOL and that I never asked for a break. We did take one break so Jesse could eat some lunch though. They were so nice too because I was laying there with only my shirt covering my boobs so they put a big screen up around us so that no one else could see me. At first I felt bad to jam up their shop like that but then after everyone came in to work there were about 6 other dudes in the shop and a lot of customers coming and going, I would have felt SO uncomfortable.

I also was so happy with how stoked Jesse is about this tattoo. He does a lot of dark, evil shit and biomechanical stuff (seen here) so I was afraid he might think an owl, night, graveyard scene was a little lame. Turns out he loves owls so...he was very psyched!
My next appointment to finish it isn't until September because he is all booked up but he said after a month when this is healed, if he gets any openings he will call me. Last night he was already sending me ideas for how to finish it! I have been waiting 4 years to get this done and now that it is finally happening, I am so happy! To have an artist who is so into it too is really making this experience all the better!!


Signature

9 comments:

Meghan Edge said...

That is amazing. ^_^ Congratulations on your new tattoo.

Amy said...

That is AWESOME and totally beautiful!!!

Brittney said...

Congrats!!! And hush you, you're all skinny and fit!

Brittney said...

I think my comment didn't work. So here goes! I said congrats, its awesome! And hush up, you're skinny and fit! :)

Jamie said...

Thanks!! I'm in love with it and can't stop looking at it in the mirror!!

aimee910 said...

Sooo absolutely cool!! I love it! And rib tattoos are the worse; getting mine sucked!

Jamie said...

Thanks everyone!!
Brittney - I'm pretty blessed with the genes on both sides of my family as far as being skinny. Most of my Dad and Mom's family are all skinny as beanpoles. For the fit part...I'd probably die if I had to run for 3 minutes LOL (actually that's kind of sad but still...) thanks for the sweet comments!
I mostly just felt weird posting a pic of half my naked body!
And Aimee - it is sucking big time but it is sooo worth it!!

I'm already thinking of more tattoo ideas, I NEED a craft related one but I just have too many ideas!

Anonymous said...

OMG tell me I can copy that? I love it, I've been wanting to get my side panel done for awhile now and owls are my love along with old trees oh I am in love :) xox

Jamie said...

Aww Donna thanks for the sweet sentiment. Of course I can only assume you're just being silly. It would be terrible if you just got a copy of my tattoo. You should get one that is special and meaningful and made just for you!!