1.20.2012

Fun Fact #3


How do you feel about celebrating your birthday?

My birthday is September 28th. As a kid I always had birthday parties. I remember my parents took my friends and I roller skating a few times or I had friends over to our apartment and we played games outside. As I got older my mom took my friends and I ice skating once and a few times I had friends sleepover. I didn't have a sweet 16 party even though a lot of my friends did and after that I didn't do a whole lot for my birthday. I'm not the kind of person who makes a giant deal about it. But I'm also not the kind of person who wants to pretend it doesn't exist. Now I'm to the point where I like hanging out with Jeremy and my friends, eat, drink and play a little Win, Lose or Draw.

The first birthday I had while Jeremy and I were together was probably the best I ever had! We had plans to go to the Eastern State Penitentiary with two of our friends, Bryan and Taylor. As I was doing my make up in the bathroom Bryan called Jeremy to tell him that his car wasn't starting and that we'd have to go pick them up. The thing is, his car was at the Trexlertown bridge and it was fairly new. The whole thing seemed fishy to me but whatever. The bridge is where we get into the Lehigh River when we go floating. It was weird that they would be there at the end of September but I was told they were hanging out with some kids just drinking under the bridge. It's this big area where people hang out, dirt bike, ride bikes, have fires, etc. So whatever, we headed over to pick them up. When we got there, there were a bunch of cars but I didn't take notice to any of them or think it odd since there were allegedly people hanging out. As we were walking down to the river to find Bryan and Taylor I could hear Halloween music. There were also Halloween decorations hanging around and in the bushes and trees. I made a comment that we should stay and hang out with these obviously cool kids! As we got farther down I realized that there was no one around. I also saw that there was a beer pong table set up and an area waiting to become a bonfire. Then all of a sudden my sisters boyfriend stood up from behind the table and Liz walked out from the bushes. Then all these other people came out from hiding. I was so confused until Liz explained that it was a surprise birthday party for me!! All my PA and Jersey friends were there and it was amazing!! Not only was the whole place decorated for Halloween but we had music, food, kegs, cake, a bonfire, beer pong, Jeremy made everyone bring me presents AND a bunch of us camped out in the woods!!! It was so much fun and I really felt so loved by all the time and effort Jeremy and everyone put in to organize this and keep it from me!
The birthday after that is when Jeremy and everyone surprised me with a car! I won't go into that one, you can read all about it here.

I like celebrating my birthday but I don't like it to be a giant deal, I get kind of awkward when I'm the center of attention. Just hanging out with some friends, drinking beers and eating some munchies while playing games is what I love.

What do you do for your birthday?!


Jamie

Fun Fact Friday Disclaimer:
I found The
Imagination Prompt Generator and loved the idea of writing posts based on its random prompts. Every Friday I will share a lil' something about myself based on these prompts. I see it as a means of sharing a bit more about myself with you! It will be a random topic or question and my responses will be pretty free form and random as well. I'll of course edit for spelling and punctuation but I want to just let it flow for the most part. I hope you enjoy and maybe even join in!

2 comments:

Yadira said...

OMG! First, I have to say... We share the same birthday! LOL. Second, I loved the story about the surprise party, I think it would be super fun to be part of something like that. The closest I've been is once for my partner's birthday but that's another story. Congrats on the new car too. ;)

PS: We should do something fun this year for our birthday in our blogs, IDK a giveaway maybe.

Have an awesome weekend!

Jamie said...

Yes!! You're the only person I know with the same birthday, we should definitely have a joint bday blog giveaway!!!