1.09.2012

Movie Monday: Harvey

I've done movie reviews in the past but I want to make this a more constant series here for you lovies. I've mentioned it before but in case you didn't know, I live on Netflix. Whether I watch movies or TV shows, it's pretty much all through Netflix and I love it! Lately (since before the summer) I have been on a kick of old movies. Black & White, that horrible color of the 60's and 70's, all just old classics for the most part.

It's kind of great to watch all these movies that are really awesome but kind of forgotten about because we are always inundated with what's out now. I have a few very favorite actors and genres and Netflix is pretty great about suggestions. Plus my sister has the same sort of taste as far as these types of movies go so we are always telling each other what to rent.

I had mentioned to my friend, Jess recently how much I love Jimmy Stewart and she recommended the 1950 movie "Harvey" to me. To be honest when she told me it was about a guy with an imaginary 6'3" white rabbit, it sounded kind of weird.


It was awesome though! I found out through some of the extra features that it was actually written as a play and Jimmy Stewart was in that too!
The movie is really well done and in the beginning you can kind of see why his family is concerned that he has this imaginary friend. I mean he talks to him all day long, they go to the bar together A LOT and he doesn't see anything wrong with it. I'd be more concerned with how much he drinks but his family is mostly just worried about their reputation. Through some funny miscommunications while his sister was trying to admit him into a sanitary, she was admitted! Toward the end you actually start realizing, who the hell cares if he has an imaginary 6'3" rabbit as a friend?! He isn't hurting anybody and he's one of the most pleasant people around, even though he may drink a bit. I won't ruin the ending but it's really good. Not too serious but not too slapsticky either. I highly recommend it!

Jamie

Movie Monday Disclaimer:
I live on Netflix and thought it would be fun to share reviews of some things I watch. I do not stream movies as I don't have internet or any kind of gaming console at home. I am on the 3 dvds at a time plan and love it since I don't have cable either. I watch TV shows this way too but mostly movies. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share!

No comments: