8.16.2010

Prompt 26

Journal Prompt 26: Today you are going to write out your favorite recipe!! This can be written, illustrated, cut and pasted, something. It is always really good to document these small little pieces of your life. Don't you think?

I think it's great to document my favorite recipe. Especially considering that for so long no one, not even me thought I would ever cook or clean or even be a little bit domestic. I have to say, I am pretty damn domesticated now!! It all started when Jeremy had to move in with me at the West End Apt. I was basically playing house; cooking dinner, making lunches, cleaning up after him, etc. It's funny, when I lived with my ex I didn't do ANYTHING like that, not even a little bit. There's something about Jeremy that made me really WANT to do those things for him. He would work 10-12 hour days so I liked to have dinner ready for him when he got home and then because he had so little time at home, I would make his lunches. I even didn't mind cleaning up after him because I knew he felt uncomfortable in my apartment and not like it was his home too. (That's not to say that he never cooked, he cooked alot and definitely helped do laundry and clean up around the apt)
Even now, when he comes over I like to cook something for him. Even when I know he'd be perfectly happy with chicken nuggets and tots or frozen pizza. One of my goals when cooking something is to get him to say "that was good babe" or "is there anymore?" Then I know he really did like it and it's something I will make again. We both love this!! It's a little extra work but soo worth it!

The original recipe called it Chicken Parmesan Bundles but...I call it Ritzy Chicken, it's a much cuter name, LOL!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love hearing about people that weren't domestic and suddenly became domestic. I know, because that was totally me. Before I moved in with my now husband, I never cooked, didn't know how, and now, I LOOOOVE to cook. It's become so much fun trying out other recipes and hearing him say, "Wow, I'm so stuffed! That was delicious!"

Jamie said...

I never knew how to cook either! My friend found this amazing blog that really got me into cooking and has some very good, very easy recipes diningalone.blogspot.com
I'm a very visual learner so all her pictures and no nonsense descriptions really made cooking alot more accesible, for me anyway.

Dominique.- said...

mmmm sounds yuuummy!! what about this project journal i don't know, sounds great..i've just (finally) did myyy blog so i'm receiving ideas hahaa i'm from Chile, yes, south america...great blog :) bye

Jamie said...

aww thanks! the journal challenge is something janel over on Run With Scissors did last month. I'm totally behind but it was a fun way to get used to blogging.